We accept Haiku, Tanka, Science, and Nature themed poetry submissions. Articles and essays related to nature, wildlife, or science are welcome too. We are NOT looking for work with a religious or medical references or intonations.
We’re also on the lookout for any similarly themed art. This includes photography, drawings, recordings, and anything else in-between. So if you have material that doesn’t quite ‘fit’ into a category, that’s OK.
Traditional (5-7-5 Haiku, 5-7-5-7-7 Tanka) and free-form styles are both fine. We try to keep an open mind.
What we want:
- Haiku, Tanka, and other forms of micro poetry
- Any length Nature/Environmental themed poetry
- Any Science or Technology themed poetry, especially where there is an environmental crossover. (This includes astronomy and physics, it’s not limited to biology
- Art, Video, or Photographs
- Articles, Essays, or other Non-Fiction about any aspect of nature, science, or the environment
Unfortunately, we cannot pay you at this time. As the author, all rights to your work return to you upon publication. We reserve the right to promote it via social media, email, etc. Currently, this journal is not for profit, but that might change in the future. If/when it does, contributors will be notified.
The acceptance rate is not 100%. Each piece goes through an editorial process. Acceptance is determined by merit and compatibility with our message. Anyone with an interest in science or nature is encouraged to submit. You do not have to work in the field professionally.
Send them to: [email protected]
- Paste poem(s) or other written material in the body of the email, along with the name you wish it credited to. Send images as attachments.
- Please include ‘Submission’ in the subject line.
- Expect an ‘accepted’ or ‘declined’ email in 1-5 months.
You can direct any questions to the same address.
Kate Alsbury | Editor
@land_alliance on Twitter / @jalmurra on Instagram